Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quit

If you haven't quit smoking yet do it now for both your health and your wallet. It is easier than ever to break the habit thanks to a few medications your doctor can provide, to say nothing of the over the counter anti-smoking aids available. I know how hard it is to put down the smokes. For 15 years I was a terrible nicotine fiend. Thanks to a drug called Zyban, I haven't had a cigarette in almost 7 years now. And I didn't gain a lot of weight either.

The reason for this post here is the cost of the habit. Here in NYC, admittedly the smoke tax capital of the US, quitting put $3000/yr back in my pocket! That's like giving yourself a nice raise. (To say nothing about hopefully avoiding the cost of surgery, chemo & radiation).There is no downside to tossing the cigarettes. You'll feel better, breathe easier and save a fair amount of cash. Just do it.

No comments: